So the Wedding PR gurus that I like have an article this month in 944 Magazine about proper things for Brides to remember and for Bridesmaids to remember. I got some cute tips… I’ve been dying over gift ideas for the girls and already know what I’m getting them… yay! Anyway, here is an excerpt for Brides & Bridesmaids from 944 Magazine and their special wedding issue!
For the Bridesmaid:
While getting married is one of the biggest events in life, being asked to be a bridesmaid is one of the biggest honors! It’s a celebrated tradition that only the best of girlfriends get to take part in. But despite all the excitement and newness of a wedding, stress is inevitable and as a bridesmaid your job is to alleviate stress, not add to it! Here’s a few tips to help you be the best maid possible:
1. Check your ego at the door and don’t complain about your dress! It may not be the most flattering style or your favorite color, but keep in mind you’re just a piece of the bigger picture – the bride has thoughtfully selected your dress to coordinate with the rest of her special day. You may not get to be a fashionista on the wedding day, but your dress signifies you as a special part of the brides life… so rock it out and wear that dress with honor!
2. Put effort into the bridal shower – the bridal shower is the one part of the wedding the bride gets to enjoy and not plan! For inspirations check out hostessblog.com, greenweddingshoes.com or 100layercake.com/blog
3. Be prepared! An unexpected emergency may arise during the wedding, so this is your chance to save the day! Pack the essentials and I promise your bride will love you for life – aspirin, stain remover, super glue, safety pens, etc. If you’re in multiple weddings may want to check out the macdaddy of all wedding emergency kits on shop.mindyweiss.com/
For the Bride:
When you ask your friends to be a bridesmaid, you’re not only asking them to stand with you on your wedding day, you’re also asking them to help you with the entire process. From the shower, to the bachelorette party, to the ceremony, your maids are going to be clocking hours helping to get everything ready. A gift showing your appreciation is not only a sweet gesture, it’s an important part of the bridesmaid tradition. Here’s some ideas on how to show the love:
1. Shop til you drop! Visit the Wedding Chicks shop for the cutest tees and totes – all customizable! And the best part is you can do it from the comfort of your own home; no need to face the crowded malls after work or on the weekends!
2. Bling them out! What girl doesn’t welcome gems and jewels with open arms? Tejani’s Bridesmaid Collection has beautiful earrings and bracelets that lets your girls bask in the light of jewels. Customize it to your wedding color palette and your girls are all set for your big day!
3. Wood you be my bridesmaid? The JL Designs collection offers gorgeous balsa wood flowers that you can put on your wrist or put on your shelf! She offers jewelry and decor options so each maid gets a unique gift along with a cute tag asking “Wood you be my bridesmaid?”
I wish I had asked my bridesmaids more cutely to be in my bridal party– LOVE this idea!! I wouldn’t do crap with wood though, just something more crafty!!